Lunch & Learn in 2018:
Join us for lunch, education, and networking! If you are familiar with the topic of estate planning, you are aware of the complexity of the subject. We often hold educational events to introduce the basics of estate planning to anyone interested. This year we are adding even more to our educational events. We have planned one Lunch & Learn each month with a different specific estate planning topic! Any of these lunches will give you a more in depth knowledge of estate planning. We encourage you to attend every lunch, or attend the lunches with the topics you are most interested in learning about!
As always, our Lunch & Learn events are a great opportunity for you to build knowledge that is helpful to you as you provide the best services to your clients. We look forward to learning more about you as well, and the services that you provide your clients.
January 18, 2018: Trusts are for Everyone
Trusts are for everyone - who has an estate, and cares what happens to it! We will discuss trust-based estate plans vs. will-based estate plans. How they work, and accomplish the intended goals. In addition, do you know "who has an estate"? A common view for estate planning is that it is only helpful to the super-wealthy. As you become more familiar with the multiple purposes of estate planning, you will see that it is much more than a mechanism to transfer large sums of money to beneficiaries. Estate planning is applicable to more people than you think! Come learn more at this event.
2018 Calendar of Lunch & Learn Topics:
Lunches are held on scheduled Thursdays from 11:30am to 1:00pm
1. January 18 - Trusts are for Everyone (CFP Continuing Education Approved)
2. February 15 - School Bus Trusts (CFP Continuing Education Approved)
3. March 15 - The Divided Trusteeship
4. April 19 - Amendable "Irrevocable" Trusts
5. May 17 - Balancing Federal Estate and Capital Gains Tax Planning
6. June 21 - The “Cookie Jar” Power
7. July 19 - Retirement Plan Integration
8. August 16 - Disability Planning
9. September 20 - Controlled Settlement Costs
10. October 18 - Empowered Inheritance Program
11. November 15 - Proactive Elder Law
12. December 20 - Relevant Estate Planning Topic
*Dates are subject to change. Please register in advance to receive notice of changes.
*inquire about CFP Continuing Education Credit for approved events.
*CPA's: Certificates of Attendance are available for each event for Continuing Education credit.